There’s no man on the land who doesn’t love to travel. All of us are constantly striving to fulfill that ultimate desire to travel all over the world and to some secret favorite locations as well. But there are just few of them who manage to live their dreams and map the most unforgettable journeys. So how do they do it, what’s the gimmick behind being a super smart traveler?
These easy travel tips will help you out. They’re as simple as raising a toast, just develop these habits and maintain them. You can then soon join the smart travelers’ bandwagon!
1. Save money – This is essential because you might have some sudden travel plans and money shouldn’t stop you from exploring the world. While there are options for cheap travel, you should always have a steady bank balance in order to have a happy journey.
2. Get a good travel insurance – You may feel you’re all safe and healthy but things might get ugly if you’re in an unknown country/ city. Travel insurance does not cost much and covers all your medical expenses, illnesses, baggage theft, flight delays and other expenses during the journey. Hence, it’s always a good idea to consult your trip planner for your trip planning and buy travel insurance for yourself/ family.
3. Travel often – You cannot become a smart traveler unless you ‘travel’ so plan as many holidays as you can.
4. Study – be geographically sound – Educate yourself as much as you can. Pick up some good books, scan through the world map and learn about geographical factors of places. If you wish to travel overseas, you should have a detailed knowledge about the location, climate, time zones, etc. Use travel apps like Skyscanner, TravelPro they will be of great help
5. Read – There are huge number of interesting stories and travel blogs out there. Read other people’s experiences, stories and reviews. Keep yourself updated with the latest deals on travel bookings, special events happening in and around your city, etc. This will help you hone your traveling skills.
6. Master the art of packing – You need to limit your baggage and be smart enough to include only the necessary ones. Gathering all pointless things and stuffing them in your bag is just going to increase your load to carry.
7. Learn languages – Try your hand at learning some local and foreign languages, its super fun. Knowing various languages boosts your confidence as you are able to strike a conversation with strangers and be actually good at it. So pick up that book and start learning now!
8. Exercise daily – It’s important to be fit and healthy in order to develop that much needed stamina to travel extensively. Also, your body needs to go through that little exertion daily so that you stay warmed up, always.
9. Watch travel shows – By this you get to see places, sitting right there in your couch and why not? There are awesome series of travel shows wherein the anchor takes a dig at some super cool exotic places!
10. Share experiences – When you share your travel experiences, we revisit those places. It’s lovely to always share your holiday tales with friends and families. You experience the joy of traveling!
So, just try sticking to these habits and you’ll soon turn in to that sturdy smart traveler .
You may also like:
Essential Skills For Adventure Travel
11 Travel Expert Tips for Planning a Round the World Trip